SOUP. It’s that time of year again. The leaves are turning, and I’m begging Dave to light the fire.
A friend of mine recently posted on fb that she had had the most wonderful butternut squash, sweet potato and curried apple soup, and it made me feel cozy, so I decided to wing it and give it a go myself! I’ve included some pictures of the steps – sometimes it’s just easier to see it so you know what it should look like, right?
* an apple
* half a butternut squash
* 2 sweet potatoes
* a medium white onion
* olive oil
* cinnamon & mild curry powder
* vegetable stock cube
1) CHOP IT ALL UP
2) LIGHTLY FRY YOUR ONION IN OLIVE OIL
3) ADD YOUR STOCK & A PINT OF BOILED WATER
3) CHUCK IN THE REST OF THE CHOPPED VEG
4) ADD YOUR SALT/PEPPER, PINCH OF CINNAMON & CURRY POWDER (you can add more later to taste)
5) LET IT BOIL FOR A FEW MINUTES, THEN SIMMER FOR ABOUT 30 OR UNTIL IT SOFTENS
6) WHIZZ IT UP GOOD (taste it now to see if it needs any more spice)
7) IF IT LOOKS LIKE BABY POO, YOU’RE ONTO A WINNER
8) SET THE TABLE ALL PRETTY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, GET SOME BREAD TO SUP IT UP WITH
9) INVITE A LOVELY FRIEND OVER TO ENJOY IT WITH YOU!